Meet Kacy Duke, author of The Show it Love Workout. Kacy Duke is the co-founder of Equinox Fitness Clubs and celebrity trainer to the stars. Kacy Duke, named “Top Workout Guru” by Allure magazine and “Best Trainer in New York” by New York Magazine, has been in the fitness industry for over 20 years. Denzel Washington calls Kacy Duke the Michael Angelo of personal trainers!
Kacy Duke’s celebrity clients includes Denzel Washington, Julianne Moore, Yoko Ono, Kirsten Dunst, Iman, Bruce Willis, Lenny Kravitz, Gwen Stefani, Mary J. Blige, Eve and many more.
What makes Kacy Duke stand apart from the rest is her unique fitness philosophy. Kacy teaches her clients to Show it Love, to learn to love and respect their bodies as Kacy works to balance the 3 elements of self. The 3 elements of self, according to Kacy Duke, is the I am, I can and I do. The “I am” is the emotional mindset, “I can” is the spiritual motivation and “I do” is the physical movement.
And, guess what? Kacy Duke is taking her “Show it Love” workout on tour! Kacy partnered with Dove Visibly Smooth Deodorant to take what she calls Underground Groove events on the road. Underground Groove is a high-energy cardio dance workout designed to celebrate the body. Kacy Duke launched her Underground Groove events on March 17, 2009 and it was initially a word-of-mouth, invite-only event.
Well, Kacy Duke’s Underground Groove events are no longer underground. And if Kacy is scheduled to appear in your town, all you have to do is sign-up at kacydukefitness.com and RSVP when you get the invite!
In the video above, Kacy Duke shares her expert fitness advice with First Class Fashionista‘s readers as she talks about her “Show It Love” Underground Groove Events / cardio dance workout and her unique fitness philosophy.
Watch the video to find out how Kacy Duke answered the following questions:
1. What is cardio dance?
2. Is cardio dance an effective way to get in shape and what kind of results can I expect when participating in a cardio dance program?
3. Do you always have to strength train with heavy weights to get sculpted arms and toned legs? And what are cardio-sculpt-speed circuits?
4. What is your core? Why is it important to strengthen your core? And does cardio dance strengthen your core effectively?
5. Tell us about your Underground Groove events.
6. Explain your concept of fitness is an evolution not a revolution.