TJ Maxx and Marshalls Off-Price Fall Fashion Blogger Event

25 fashion bloggers were invited to take an insiders look at the world of off-price retailing with TJ Maxx and Marshalls…And First Class Fashionista was so there!

We are very excited to share with you, our valued readers, what First Class Fashionista learned about off-price retail during our recent trip to the TJ Maxx and Marshalls Headquarters in Farmingham, MA located in the greater Boston area.

What is off-price retail?

At TJ Maxx and Marshalls, the largest off-price retailers, off-price retail means quality brand names and designer goods at up to 60% off the retail price.

95% of the merchandise at TJ Maxx and Marshalls is first quality (made for the designer) and less than 5% is what is considered slightly irregular; meaning, for example, the buttons or thread color might be off for the season or the tag on the inside of the garment may have been accidentally sewn in the wrong place- nothing too noticeable…Right? BUT you will never find a shirt with one sleeve longer than the other or a pair of pants with a shorter leg- This is a scary off-price retail myth.

85% of the merchandise at TJ Maxx and Marshalls is in-season classic or on trend merchandise, if it is out of season the item will be clearly labeled and marked down for clearance. The remaining 15% are staples like bath and beauty products, hosiery, towels, blankets, wrapping paper and other home goods. So take a trip to your local TJ Maxx and Marshalls and you just might find an in-season Coach, Burberry, Prada or YSL handbag that you just saw at the department store yesterday- but up to 60% off at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

How can TJ Maxx and Marshalls sell the same handbag you saw in the department store yesterday for up to 60% off?

TJ Maxx and Marshalls own their own distribution centers and trucks, which allows their buyers to travel 40 weeks annually and enabling TJX Co to ship over 10,000 items to every store in the US and Puerto Rico. More excitingly, however, this also allows TJ Maxx and Marshalls to stay on top of the hottest trends.

TJ Maxx and Marshalls buys direct. Taking advantage of overproduction, errors and the basic need for the designer to guarantee a profit, TJ Maxx and Marshalls works a great deal with the designer and passes on the savings to their customers. More on how this works…

TJ Maxx and Marshalls owns their own merchandise. TJ Maxx and Marshalls buyers are also able to work a great deal with the designer on up to 60% off the retail price on the latest, on trend, in-season designer fashions because, unlike boutiques and department stores, TJ Maxx and Marshalls does not make the designer buy back the merchandise if it doesn’t sell- guaranteeing the designer makes money. Interestingly, when an item doesn’t sell, it is marked down, marked down and if it still doesn’t sell, it is given to charity- Surprise! I think this is just another reason to shop TJ Maxx and Marshalls!

Also, Marshalls donates a $1.00 for every pair of shoes sold at their stores to Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention and TJ Maxx sells reusable Save the Children bags for 99¢ to support the cause.

I’m definitely a First Class Fashionista-Maxxinista! I love TJ Maxx and Marshalls! If your a fashionista, become a Maxxinista!

First Class Fashionista would like to thank Tia’s Boston, Boston’s Local Gem on the waterfront, for hosting our TJ Maxx and Marshalls Fall Fashion Blogger Event dinner on your outdoor patio. The food was simply delicious and I had a great time.

Note:

The 25 Bloggers at the TJ Maxx and Marshalls Blogger Event were from The Luxury Spot, First Class Fashionista, Kitten Lounge, Debutante Clothing, What I Wore, Accidental Sexiness, Fushion Mag, Teen Fashion About.com, Harriet and Friends, Steal the Style, Sugar Laws, Suddenly Darling, NY Racked, Viva Fashion Blog, Fashion Indie, Glam.com, The Beauty Bean, AOL Stylist, Broke & Beautiful, Cosmogirl, Derek Loves Shopping, I Heart Daily, Fashionista, and Saucy Glossie.

About admin

I love to know it first, try it first and share it with you first! . At “First Class Fashionista”, we believe fashion is a lifestyle and, because at FCF we are beauty and brains, I believe being a true “Fashionista” doesn’t mean you have to spend first class money to travel first class, stay in 5 star hotels, dine at the finest restaurants or even rock the latest look of the trendsetting fashionista. I'm on a mission to inform and inspire. As always, thanks for reading. And, yes, sharing is caring--We appreciate you.