Materials you will need:
-Several sheets of paper. I recommend construction paper, but I only had printer paper available
-Markers, colored pencils, or paint
-Popsicle sticks for reinforcement
- Fold one sheet of paper in half, this will be your main card. I used water color paint to paint the greeting card background, and I drew a sunset.
- Next, draw your grass along the bottom of a different sheet of paper, it’s ok to color out of the lines, you’ll cut it out!
- Now, draw a heart or circle, this will be a lever once the card is put together; so leave room on the end to attach the other end of the lever. Also, make a couple of characters. In my card, the girl will be on the other end of the lever. It’s ok if you mess up, just redraw it!
- It’s time to cut! Set you main card aside and cut the grass off, the characters, and the heart just like this picture.
- Now attach your Popsicle stick to the white strip of the heart. I ran out of Popsicle sticks so I used card stock. Cut a hole in your main card wide enough to fit the strip in. keep in mind, the grass will end up covering this. Place strip into the hole.
- After that, glue your girl on the other end of the strip. Glue the boy right behind the strip, on the main card. Do not glue him to the strip!
- Then, make springs out of card stock. You just fold them like an accordion. They should look like this:
Glue one side of the spring to you grass on each end. Glue the other end of the spring to the paper.
- I also wrote a small note to be glued on the top half of the card.
- Finally, glue another piece of paper to the back as reinforcement. Decorate however you like!
You can move the girl back and forth so she kisses the boy on the cheek. I wrote a little note on the pull strip too so it’s revealed while the girl kisses.